Opinion: The Real Issue is Gov't Control

I don't know if you've noticed, but the issues of healthcare, the economy, etc. lately are being argued on two totally different planes on both sides. The liberal Democrats (president Obama is one, of course) are saying that anyone who opposes healthcare reform, economic stimulus, etc., etc. doesn't want what's best for the country. But they're completely missing the point of the conservative's argument. No one is arguing against improving healthcare, economic growth, etc. This may be obvious to most of you, but it doesn't seem to be obvious to the liberal Dems (and ergo their supporters): most people aren't in favor of more government control.

I, for one, am all for healthcare reform. I just don't want the government taking control of healthcare. I'm also for economic growth. I just don't think government handouts will improve the economy. And you know what? I personally believe most people are of the same mind set. Scott Brown won Kennedy's office not because of Republican votes, but because independents are starting to turn against the liberal Dem's agenda. I think that's why Bayh is not going to run for Indiana Senator again, because he had to support the Dem's agenda and it's costing him the vote of the moderate Republicans.

Now don't get me wrong, I think we do need some government control, but I think it should be the State governments who have more control than the Federal government. This is how the founders of our nation set things up and, unfortunately, the nation has strayed far away from that. But I think grassroots efforts like the TEA parties and FairTax are moving us in the right direction. And Reagan also believed in less Federal gov't, which is why he made major tax cuts, saving the nation's economy. History has proven this approach works, so why aren't we doing the same thing now?

I'll leave you with 2 questions, which sums up my own short argument against what the liberal Dems are attempting.

1. Can you name more than 3 Federal government created programs or agencies that actually do their job cheaply, efficiently, and as well as was originally intended when they were created?

2. Can you honestly tell me more government control of healthcare, the economy, energy, etc. is really what we need?

"Here sir, the people govern." - Alexander Hamilton, June 1788

"We lose ourselves when we compromise the very ideals that we fight to defend. And we honor those ideals by upholding them not when it's easy, but when it is hard." - BARACK OBAMA, Nobel Lecture, Dec. 10, 2009

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's All About the Sound

Obama and McCain: Where Do They Stand on Catholic Issues?

Free Stuff