From Safari to Firefox, to Safari, and Back to Firefox

I love Firefox and I had started using Firefox 2 last year after reading how good it was in a computer magazine. I switched over from Safari on my Mac and love the customization options of Firefox. My favorite add-on is the Foxmarks bookmark syncronizer, which lets me have the same bookmarks on all the computers I use at home and at work.

But, I had the same complaints as others: Firefox 2 was a slow program and a RAM hog. So when Apple released Safari 2, I tried it out and was happy with how fast it was. Safari has RAM hogging issues too, but the speed was worth it. However, Safari also has this annoying habit of freezing my computers for several seconds for no good reason. And of course, Safari is not customizable as much as Firefox is.

Now I'm back to using Firefox, specifically version 3. I went ahead and downloaded it on "download day" (after many, many tries) and installed it on both my work computer and Macbook Pro at home. I'm happy to say that it is just as fast as Safari and all my add-ons are working properly. My only complaint right now is that alternate themes are not yet available, but this will change in time.
Update: Alternate themes are available, however not all themes are compatible with Firefox 3. If the theme is compatible, the button for adding the theme will be green. If the theme is not compatible, the button will be white and unclickable.

Xkcd has a comic appropriate to this subject and I definitely agree that maybe we take our web browsers a little too seriously. But I think Firefox definitely deserves all the fuss. Stop using Internet Explorer or Safari and download Firefox 3 now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's All About the Sound

Obama and McCain: Where Do They Stand on Catholic Issues?

Trying IE8 and Going Back to IE7